What Machines Are Best for Weight Loss?
You`re particular about weight loss, so you spend hours working out. Sometimes, you visit a gym or use a home gym. Whatever you do, there`s nothing as time-saving and effective as using the right equipment. Unknown to many, not all machines in the gym or fitness stores are useful for weight loss. So what machines are beneficial for weight loss? Keep reading to find out.
10 Weight Loss Machines you Should Know
You can ride your stationary bicycle in your gym area, room, balcony, or veranda. These bicycles mimic outdoor riding and help you burn lots of calories.
Rowing machines will help you get the best out of your cardio and weight loss programs. The flywheel in front of the machine imitates the dynamic resistance of a boat gliding on water, making it a perfect machine to burn calories and lose weight.
Similar to a treadmill, this machine is like a fast-moving escalator that simulates the action of climbing the stairs at speed. It is one of the most effective cardio and weight loss equipment, as it is designed to make you move against gravity, and at the same time bear most of your bodyweight.
Vibration Exercise Machine
This cutting edge vibrating machine is designed for cellulite reduction which results in weight loss.
Worried about missing your daily walk routine? Well, that`s why the morning walker exists. It`s an excellent solution to mimic the real walking sessions so you can build a healthy body and lose weight.
Here`s a machine that targets the abs and legs to burn calories and strengthen the upper body. It sure is a reliable way to shed some weight.
Using a treadmill should be a part of your daily workout regime if you want to lose weight. It`ll help you burn calories as it stimulates movements like running and walking. To use a treadmill effectively, try not to hold its side handles while running or walking on its belt. Also, do well to keep up with the speed.
Looking like a see-saw, this machine will enhance cellulite reduction, and in turn, help you lose some weight.
Ab Roller Machine
Ab roller is a lightweight machine that is fitting for indoor abdominal exercises. It particularly tones the muscles of the stomach and waist.
The gym ball helps you to work out effectively by working on the back and abdomen. It is also great for stretching your body and losing weight.
So what if you don`t have access to these machines but still want to lose weight? Don`t fret, as there are exercises you can do without these machines. Let`s discuss some of them.
10 No-Equipment Weight Loss Exercises you Can Do at Home
This exercise targets your core, chest, and legs simultaneously. It will help you build lots of lean muscle.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides.
- Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower into a crouch as you place your palms on the ground.
- Lower back into a squat immediately to do the next rep.
- Repeat this 8 to 12 times till you complete 3 sets.
- Put your hands shoulder-width on the floor, directly in front of feet, then shift your weight to them to jump back and land softly in the plank position.
What you need: free weights, kettlebell(s)
Total time: 30 minutes
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hips or hold the weights by your sides.
- Take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- Keeping your spine tall, form a 90-degree angle with the front of one leg and the back of the other.
- Pause, then put your right leg back to the starting point.
- Put your left leg forward to repeat on the other side.
- Do three sets and 10 reps per side.
- Place your feet together and put your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with the right leg and lower into a lunge so that your right knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Jump and switch legs midair.
- Land softly with your left leg forward, immediately lowering into a lunge.
Squats will help you lose weight and build overall strength. They will also engage your core and entire lower body.
- Start with feet hip-width apart, arms at your sides holding weights, or clasped in front of your chest.
- Keep your weight in your heels, your back straight, and sit your hips back with bended knees to lower into a squat.
- Ensure your thighs are parallel to the floor, and your knees are in line with your toes all through the exercise.
- Finally, maintain an even pace and rise back to start.
- Do three sets and 15 reps.
Kettlebells engage the entire body and are effective at burning calories.
- Place your feet slightly wider than hip-width.
- Place a kettlebell in front of your feet.
- Grasp the kettlebell handle with both hands.
- Keep your back straight, and hinge at the hips to hike the kettlebell backward between your legs.
- Press your hips forward to stand and swing the kettlebell overhead, keeping your core engaged.
- Let the kettlebell fall forward and between legs to begin the next swing.
- Do three sets and 15 reps.
- Start with a light dumbbell in each hand, racked at your shoulders.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, then jump your feet out wide.
- Jack the dumbbells overhead, fully extending your arms.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, dumbbells at your chest.
- Jab the dumbbells across the body, alternating sides.
- Do this for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds.
- Repeat for 8 rounds.
Here`s a way to do a little more with your traditional squats: add a jump and lunge and watch your heart rate increase, as well as strengthen your abs, butt, and legs.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Lower into a deep squat.
- Rise as if you’re about to jump, however, land in a lunge position with your right leg back.
- Jump from this lunge position back to a squat.
- Repeat this, landing in a lunge on the opposite side.
- Do two sets and repeat for 45 seconds.
Mountain climbers are quite effective at burning calories. The quick leg motion is effective for your obliques, butt, and hamstrings.
- Start on the floor, in a plank position.
- Drive your right knee in toward your chest without raising your hips or allowing your right foot to touch the floor.
- Place your right foot back in plank and repeat on the other side, driving the left knee in toward your chest.
- Repeat this, alternating legs. Do three sets and repeat for a minute.
- Start by placing feet together, and your hands holding the ends of the jump rope.
- Place your elbows in toward your ribs.
- Swing the jump rope and hop.
- Do three sets and repeat for a minute.
- Start by placing your feet together.
- Raise your right leg so that only your right toes tap the floor.
- Bend and touch your left knee with your right hand.
- Squeeze your glute and keep core engaged to stand and return to start.
- Do three sets, 10 per side.