Does Black Coffee Cause Weight Loss?
You probably never knew that black coffee can help you lose some weight. Black coffee is rich in caffeine and popular for preventing cancer, mild depression, and headaches. How does black coffee aid weight loss? Let`s see!
3 Black Coffee Benefits for Weight Loss
Black coffee contains caffeine, which stimulates metabolic activity and increases the energy level, and as a result, suppresses hunger. Black coffee is a calorie-free drink that you should consume without sugar if you intend to shed some weight. Black coffee stimulates metabolic activity, keeps you active, and burns more calories. Drinking black coffee before your workout sessions is one of the best ways to burn more calories.
Contains Chlorogenic Acid
Among the numerous compounds in black coffee, chlorogenic acid plays a vital role in aiding weight loss. When you drink some black coffee after a meal, its chlorogenic acid content slows down the production of glucose in the body as well as lessens the production of new fat cells. Adding milk or cream to black coffee would make it taste better, but inhibits its weight loss benefits.
Reduces Water Content
Wright issues are usually a result of excess fat or water content in the body. Drinking black coffee reduces high water content it causes frequent urination. Regular consumption of black coffee will reduce your excess water content without endangering side effects.
Some Interesting Weight Loss Facts
- A hormone disorder may cause weight gain in the head and torso, but weight loss in the limbs. People who experience this disorder may develop a “buffalo hump” or “moon face”, with their arms and legs skinny.
- You can target specific fats in your body for weight loss.
- We lose some amount of weight as we breathe.
- Frequent fidgeting may result in the loss of 350 calories daily, and about 30-40 pounds of weight loss yearly.
8 Other Benefits of Black Coffee
Great for the Liver
Black coffee is particularly great for liver health. Being a vital organ that carries out many functions, it’s highly important that you keep it healthy, and black coffee is just right for that. Regular consumption of black coffee prevents liver cancer, fatty liver disease, hepatitis, and alcoholic cirrhosis. How amazing! You may consume four cups of black coffee every day to enjoy its benefit for liver function. Black coffee also lowers the level of harmful liver enzymes in the blood.
Cleanses the Stomach
Being a diuretic beverage, coffee will make you urinate frequently as you consume it. This helps to flush out toxins and bacteria from your stomach, keeping your stomach clean, and as a result, improving your general health.
Improves Cardiovascular Health
Drinking two cups of black coffee daily can reduce your risk of developing various cardiovascular diseases, including stroke. What`s more? Black coffee reduces inflammation in the body.
Black coffee is popular for boosting memory. It particularly reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s, dementia, and Parkinson’s diseases, and keeps the brain healthy. It also keeps your nerves active and enhances brain function.
Prevents the Risk Cancer
Regular consumption of black coffee lowers the risk of developing some types of cancer such as breast cancer, liver cancer, colon cancer, and rectal cancer. Coffee is also great for reducing inflammation, and as a result, prevents tumor development.
Rich in Antioxidants
Black coffee has got loads of health benefits, mainly because it`s rich in antioxidants. content. Its potent antioxidants such as manganese, potassium, magnesium, vitamins B2, B3, and B5 will do your body some great benefits.
Decreases Diabetes Risk
Diabetes affects millions across the globe and increases the risk of many other health conditions. Drinking black coffee daily can help you prevent diabetes. Black coffee prevents diabetes by boosting insulin production, among other functions.
We have to deal with some sort of stress on a daily basis, and this may result in depression if we don`t take care of ourselves. Depression further puts people at risk of many other health conditions. Drinking black coffee is an effective way to uplift your mood and feel better. It stimulates your nervous system to produce happy hormones, thereby keeps stress and depression at bay.
How to Make Black Coffee
There are no hard and fast rules for making black coffee, so people make their black coffee in various ways. Here are some steps to ensure that your black coffee tastes great.
- Grind about three tablespoons of coffee with a machine or through other means, until it`s as fine as sea salt.
- Boil about 600 grams of water.
- Add a filter to your dripper, filling it with the ground coffee.
- Gently tap the surface and pour it over in a cup.
Side Effects of Black Coffee
Black coffee has got amazing advantages, however, it`s got side effects too. Like every other healthy food or drink, excessive intake of black coffee can be unhealthy. Let`s see some of its side effects.
- Black coffee is rich in caffeine and acid, so excessive consumption can cause acidity in your stomach, leading to cramps and abdominal spasms.
- Excessive amounts of coffee in your system make it difficult for your body to absorb minerals such as iron, calcium, and zinc from your daily diets.
- Drinking too much black coffee releases high levels of stress hormones, and can cause anxiety and stress.
- Excessive amounts of caffeine can cause nervousness.
- Excessive coffee intake can mess with your sleeping routine. Avoid drinking coffee a few hours before bedtime if you want to get a good night’s sleep.
Some Fascinating Coffee Facts
- Back in the day in Turkey, the bridegroom was required to make a vow during the wedding to always provide coffee for their wives. Failure to fulfill this vow was considered grounds for divorce.
- King Frederick of Germany created a special task force, Kaffee Schnuffler, to find illicit coffee smugglers.
- In 1674 a group of London women formed a group called WPAC (Women’s Petition Against Coffee) because they didn’t like the fact that their husbands spent a great amount of time in coffee houses, rather than being home.
- Beethoven counted the number of coffee beans he used to make his coffee and insisted on 60 beans per cup.
- During the American Civil War, soldiers who craved coffee but couldn’t get it tried roasting sweet potatoes and corn to make a beverage similar to coffee.
- Coffee contains over 1200 chemicals, and over half of them are responsible for creating its flavor.
- The average coffee drinker consumes three cups of coffee per day.
- Studies show that the USA, France, and Germany consume 65% of the world’s coffee.
- Dorothy Jones of Boston was the first American to be granted a license as a coffee trader.
- Coffee beans are not beans, but berries from the coffee tree bush.
- Coffee tree bushes can live up to 70 years.
Now that you Know…
Many medicines are only effective when we consume them the right way, and black coffee is not exempted. These amazing benefits of black coffee will benefit your health immensely if you drink it correctly and in moderate quantities. Also, you will not have to deal with its side effects, as many of them are as a result of excessive intake. To get maximum health benefits from black coffee, drink two to four cups daily without milk and sugar.