Why You Should Incorporate Herbs Into Your Diet As A Man
Infertility in men is more common than you think. If you are experiencing fertility issues, then you are not alone. You are one among thousands of men outside there experiencing the same problem. Research reveals that one in every six couples experiences infertility, and one in three infertility cases in marriages is from the male partner.
Infertility is a condition that might not be treatable; however, there are numerous measures that can be taken which would help you conceive despite infertility. These measures include; supplements, herbs, certain kinds of food, and lifestyle adjustment.
This article elaborates on some of the herbs that can be incorporated conveniently into diets. Also, these herbs have been discovered to be effective in the improvement of infertility in men.
Fertility can be described as a person’s ability to conceive without medical intervention. Male infertility refers to when a man lacks the ability to impregnate his female partner.
Some male infertility problems have been closely linked to semen quality and sperm count. Some other factors that cause infertility in men include;
- Libido: This is generally known as sex drive. This refers to a person’s urge and desire to have sex.
- Erectile dysfunction: This condition occurs when a man’s penis cannot erect. In other words, erectile dysfunction means Impotence.
- Sperm count: The estimated number of sperm in semen must be complete for a man to impregnate his female partner. When the sperm count in a semen fluid is lower than 15 million per millimeter of semen, then fertility becomes an issue.
- Semen quality: For fertility to happen, the semen fluid which contains the sperm and other nutrients has to be of good quality, which includes healthy sperm cells. In addition, sperm cell motility is essential. When the semen cannot transport the sperm cells successfully to their destination, then infertility occurs.
- Testosterone: This is a sex hormone that is majorly found in men. In some male infertility cases, low testosterone may be responsible for infertility.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Undescended testicles: During fetal growth, one or both testicles in a male child fail to descend from the abdomen into the scrotal sac. People who have this condition tend to experience low fertility.
- Medications: Some medications like cancer medications can inhibit fertility.
- Tumor: Tumors in the genital area can cause infertility in men. When the organs responsible for the glands that release reproductive hormones are affected, then infertility surfaces.
- When the sperm is attacked by antibodies, reproduction becomes a war.
- Certain surgeries can also affect reproduction in men.
- Environmental factors such as radiation and industrial chemical can also cause infertility.
- Exposing the testicles to extreme temperatures can impair the production of sperm, leading to infertility.
- Wearing too-tight clothes for a long time and sitting for so long might slightly affect the production of sperm.
Lifestyle Causes Of Male Infertility Include;
Occupational Factors Include; welding, prolonged sitting such as truck driving can affect one’s ability to reproduce.
Symptoms Of Infertility In Men
The most significant sign of infertility is the inability to conceive a child; in some cases, no other sign may be obvious. However, underlying issues like inherited reproduction issues, blockage of semen passage, and dilated veins around the testis can erupt signs and symptoms. However, most men do not experience symptoms other than their inability to impregnate their female partners. Some other signs and symptoms of male infertility include:
- Difficulty in ejaculating or little drops of fluid during ejaculation
- Difficulty in developing or maintaining an erection
- Painful swelling in the testis area
- Reoccurring respiratory infections
- Inability to detect a smell
- Weird breast growth
- A hormonal abnormality that may result in falling of facial and body hairs
- Low sperm count
- Not being able to conceive children can be depressing and frustrating; however, a number of factors like a healthy lifestyle, herbs, supplements, and diets have been identified to help in the improvement of fertility in men. Here are 10 herbs that are known to be effective in increasing sperm count and fertility in men.
Male Fertility Herbs
Ginseng is a herb that tackles two major causes of male infertility- low sperm motility and low sperm count. It boosts your sexual health by doing the following;
- Increases sex drive
- Increases sperm count
- Improves semen quality
- Addresses dysfunction
American ginseng is recommended by herbalists to be more effective than the other variety of ginseng. You can either make a tea out of this herb and make it your everyday liquid beverage, or you can add it to your diet.
Maca is known to boost hormones and eliminate every form of sexual hormonal imbalance. It improves the quality of sperm and semen by increasing sperm count and improving sperm motility. Research shows that men who consume maca every day have more sperm per ejaculation, more motile sperm, and quality semen. Make a tea out of the roots and drink twice per day.
Medical practitioners claim that combining Tribulus with a healthy workout routine and a balanced diet aids fertility. Extracts from Tribulus helps men develop and maintain an erection for a long time. Tribulus is also known to boost libido in both men and women; it makes their sexual desire skyrocket. Other sexual benefits of this herb include: improved testosterone production, combating anti-sperm antibodies, and eradicating erectile dysfunction.
Saw palmetto herb is known to treat impotence and other issues associated with poor sexual health in men. It supplies all the male reproductive organs with nutrients in appropriate proportions, thereby making them function properly, allowing glands to secrete hormones effectively, as well as preventing tumors and other sex organs from infections. Asides from this, saw palmetto contains properties that enrich prostate health.
Ashwagandha, also known as a rejuvenator, it is believed by many to aid reproduction and fertility. It does this by regulating the adrenal and thyroid glands that, in turn, helps balance the reproductive hormones.
Damiana is one herb known to contain properties that are libido-friendly. It rejuvenates reproduction by combating premature ejaculation and impotence from the root.
Horny Goat Weed
The horny goat weed has been used traditionally over the years to improve testosterone levels and boost sperm production.
Schisandra Seed and Fruit
The Schisandra herb is known to be effective in the improvement of liver health. Asides from this, it improves hormonal balance, boosts immunity, and ensures the nervous system functions properly. Research also shows that it boosts sperm count and combats stress, which is one of the causes of infertility. It is important to consult a reliable herbalist before using this herb.
Exposing the testicles to extreme heat temperature can hinder fertility. Dried goji berry helps prevent the sperm cells from overheating, thus, preserving the quality of the sperm and the semen. However, the only downside of goji berry is its ability to dangerously reduce your blood sugar levels as well as your blood pressure. Take goji berry with precaution. Avoid it if you have an already low blood sugar level and low blood pressure.
Fenugreek is popularly known for its perfect culinary benefits and its herbal strength. Speaking of its herbal benefits, the extract from the seed increases testosterone levels significantly. 500mg of fenugreek extract daily is enough to bring back your sexual life on track. A survey among men who take 500mg of fenugreek extract and its supplement for 6 weeks showed that each man experienced increased libido, sexual performance, and strength.
Other Natural Ways Of Improving Male Fertility
- Eat anti-oxidant rich foods
- Eat more and more vitamin D rich foods.
- Reduce your soy products or food consumption
- Eat more folate and zinc-rich foods.
- Eat nuts and seeds
- Maintain a healthy workout routine
- Lose weight
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco.
- Try supplements, but with close medical monitoring.
These male fertility herbs and tips work effectively when they are combined with a healthy diet and physical exercise.
In conclusion, infertility is a common issue worldwide that affects both men and women alike. It is advisable to focus on improving your general wellbeing if you are having fertility issues. There is no guaranteed treatment for fertility problems. Still, a lot of herbs, foods, and lifestyle tips that are effective in tackling the problem have been discovered, and many of them have been discussed above in this article. It is also important to incorporate these herbs into a healthy diet and lifestyle to get noticeable results.