Can Fruits Make the Skin Glow?
You probably have tried various skin care products on your skin, and sadly, you haven`t gotten the skin of your dreams. Little did you know that there are fruits that can “work that miracle” that you have long expected. Yes, there are fruits that can make your skin glow. Let`s take a look at some of such fruits.
9 Fruits for Skin Health
Papayas are rich in vitamins A, B, C, folate, pantothenic acid, and minerals such as potassium, copper, and magnesium. Papayas also contain enzymes such as chymopapain and papain that prevent skin damage. Did you know that constipation causes poor skin health? It does, and gladly, papaya prevents constipation. It also treats eczema, warts, corns, cutaneous tubercles, wounds, and skin ulcers. So you have enough reasons to include papaya in your diet and beauty regimen. Here’s how to use papaya to have a glowing skin:
- Eat a bowl of papaya for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Make some papaya smoothie by blending papaya, lemon juice, pink Himalayan salt with some lemon juice.
- Mix mashed papaya with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, and some lemon juice, then apply it on the pigmented and scarred areas. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- Mash a small piece of papaya and apply it on your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For dry and flaky skin, apply mashed papaya with half a teaspoon of almond oil. Wipe it off with a soft wet cloth after 10 minutes.
- You may also make a papaya scrub using a small piece of papaya, a teaspoon of orange peel, and a tablespoon of rose water for oily skin, and honey for dry skin.
- Scrub your skin in gentle motions and rinse with water at room temperature.
Avocado is packed with dietary fiber, healthy fats, vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, folate, niacin, and pantothenic acid. Its antioxidant properties reduce oxidative damage, hence prevent DNA damage. Regular avocado consumption promotes healthy aging as it is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin that protect your skin from UV radiation. What`s more? The healthy fats in avocados reduce inflammation, speed up wound healing, and retain the skin’s elasticity.
How can you achieve all these using avocado? Pretty easy! Here you go:
- Add some avocado to your salad, wraps, breakfast bowl, burritos, and sandwiches.
- Make an avocado and spinach smoothie.
- Use avocado as a topping on cakes.
- Make an avocado dip by mixing it with some yogurt or hummus.
- Mash an avocado and apply it on your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mash a small piece of avocado with some rose water and a pinch of camphor. Rub it on your body, and rinse off after 10 minutes.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that eliminates toxins and protects the skin from hyperpigmentation and photodamage. Do you have dark spots, uneven pigmentation, or acne scars? Then you should consider using lemon to make your skin glow. Do you want to know how to use lemon for glowing skin?
- ½ lemon
- a teaspoon of organic honey
- a glass of water
Add the honey and the juice of the lemon to the water and drink it first thing in the morning to flush out toxins. You may also add some lemon juice to your salad.
Other ways to treat your skin using lemon:
- To treat oily skin with pigmentation or acne scars, mix some lemon juice with rose water and dab it on your skin, then rinse off after 10 minutes.
- To get rid of dark circles under your eyes, mix a tablespoon of lemon juice with a teaspoon of milk. Apply it to your under-eye area and rinse off gently after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin with pigmentation, mix some lemon juice with some coconut oil, dab it on your skin and rinse off after 10 minutes.
- You could also rub lemon and sugar on keratinized areas to reduce keratinization and lighten the skin tone.
Watermelon contains dietary fiber, vitamins A, B1, B6, C, sugar, water, carbs, carotenoids, lycopene, and flavonoids. It is cholesterol-free and has zero fat. Lycopene, in watermelon, gets rid of free radicals and prevents skin damage. Its water content also flushes out toxins and improves bowel movement. Wondering how watermelon can improve your skin? Here`s how:
- Have some watermelon for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
- Drink some watermelon juice in the morning or evening.
- Make some fruit salad with watermelon.
- Add some watermelon to your smoothie.
- Mash a watermelon and apply it on your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, a teaspoon of rose water, a tablespoon of lime juice, and a tablespoon of Fuller’s earth, and apply to your skin,
- then rinse with some cold water after the mask dries.
- For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, a teaspoon of aloe vera, a tablespoon of lime juice, a teaspoon of honey, and apply to your skin, then rinse off after 10 minutes.
Cucumbers have high water content, have a cooling effect on the body, and possess antioxidant properties. Unpeeled cucumbers are particularly rich in vitamins C, K, and dietary fiber. Sea cucumbers are used for skin whitening and wrinkle reduction. Here`s how to use cucumbers for glowing skin:
- Grate a cucumber and mix it with a tablespoon of gram flour and a teaspoon of rose water to reduce inflammation in acne-prone skin.
- Add cucumbers to your wraps, smoothies, sandwiches, and salads.
- Make some cucumber juice and add some lime juice, pink Himalayan salt and roasted cumin powder for taste and flavor.
- Snack on cucumber.
- Mix some grated cucumber, a teaspoon of coconut oil, and a tablespoon of milk to moisturize dry skin.
- Mix some grated cucumber, a tablespoon of lime juice, and sugar to scrub your hands and feet.
Mangoes are great at rejuvenating the skin. They`re rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K; they`re also rich in flavonoids, beta-carotene, polyphenolics, and xanthophylls. Mangoes particularly protect the skin from inflammation and DNA damage. What`s more? Mangoes` dietary fiber and sugar contents treat constipation. They`re also used in the cosmetic industry to make hair and skin butter that have wound-healing properties. Here are some of the ways to use mangoes to rejuvenate your skin:
- Add mangoes to your breakfast bowl, fruit salad, or smoothie.
- Mash a small piece of mango and apply it all over your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix mango, lime juice, and rose water, then apply it on your skin. Wash with some cold water after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, apply a mask of mashed mango, a teaspoon of honey, and a teaspoon of yogurt. Wash with water at room temperature after 10 minutes.
Oranges work wonders for the skin. They`re rich in vitamin C, hence act as an antioxidant, preventing photodamage, oxidative damage, and DNA damage. That`s not all, as oranges also reduce inflammation and aid collagen synthesis. How can you harness the amazing skin benefits of oranges? Right here:
- Consume half an orange each day.
- Add oranges to your stew, cakes, salad, and pizza.
- Add orange juice to your smoothie.
- Apply orange juice topically wherever you have pigmentation, and rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, a teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of milk, a teaspoon of honey, and half a teaspoon of turmeric, then apply on your skin.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, a teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of gram flour, and half a teaspoon of turmeric. Apply as a pack.
Bananas contain powerful skin-healing properties because they`re rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K, folate, and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. Also, banana peels are potent at removing acne scars. Bananas are an excellent natural moisturizer and contain quite unique antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Here`s how you can use bananas to achieve the skin you desire:
- Add bananas to oatmeal for breakfast.
- Add a banana to your breakfast bowl or smoothie.
- You can make some banana muffins or banana bread.
- Apply mashed banana to your skin to make it soft and supple.
Now That You Know…
You can now have the skin of your dream by simply following these easy steps. The great thing here is that consuming these fruits will do more than giving you glowing skin, as there are more health benefits involved.