When You Need an Energy Boost Supplement
Some of the best ways to live a healthy life eating well, getting quality sleep, and exercising your body regularly. These methods also help maintain and increase energy levels. However, you might need other things asides from these three to keep you energized. Some of the things most needed include supplements. Certain supplements have been identified to boost energy levels in humans.
The following are supplements that can give your energy levels a boost.
Ashwagandha is an Indian herb that was used by ancient Indians to treat certain health conditions as well as keep them firm and healthy. This herb is also still in existence today. It is contemplated to be one of the oldest medicines in the world and in the world’s medical system.
It is believed that Ashwagandha boosts energy levels by improving the resilience of the body to mental and physical stress from daily activities.
Studies have confirmed the positive effects of Ashwagandha on students who are stressed out from school activities, as well as those who are depressed. In fact, these studies showed that those students scored better marks in their academics compared to students who do not use the ashwagandha herb. This is due to the effects of the herb reducing their stress and anxiety and increasing productivity.
More research on Ashwagandha showed that cyclists who used the herb regularly performed or cycled better than those who do not, with about seven times more tolerance and endurance.
Ashwagandha is considered to be safe to use and may cause little or no side effects that are not severe.
Rhodiola Rosea is a herb that builds in mountainous, cold, and humid regions. It is an adaptogen, which is a natural compound that reduces stress and increases the body’s endurance level for stress. In other words, it increases the body’s ability to manage stress.
According to research on eleven students, Rhodiola Rosea has proven to reduce mental and physical fatigue. It was also discovered that it could boost physical performance, productivity and reduce mental stress. No risks so far have been associated with the Rhodiola Rosea supplement.
Asides from these, Rhodiola Rosea, has also been discovered to improve depression. Rhodiola Rosea, over time, has been compared with modern antidepressants, and it was discovered that the effects of both drugs are the same. Although Rhodiola Rosea reduces depression, it is not as effective as some extremely effective and strong antidepressants. However, Rhodiola Rosea has little or no side effects and can be more tolerated compared to certain antidepressants.
Vitamin B12 coupled with other B vitamins can help convert foods into energy so that the cells can use up the energy. Asides from this, it also keeps you healthy and strong, protects the nerves in the body as well as the cells in the body. It has also been associated with the prevention of certain types of anemia that is capable of leaving you tired and weak.
Certain animal and plant-based foods are great sources of vitamin B12. Some of these foods include animal proteins like meats, dairy products, and fish. In order to meet your vitamin B12 daily required intake value, you have to eat a balanced diet. Vitamin B12 occurs when the body does not get enough vitamin B12. Thus it can lead to certain health conditions if care is not taken. Another form of vitamin B deficiency occurs when the body is not able to absorb vitamin B12.
In order to boost vitamin B12 levels and reduces the chances of vitamin deficiency, it is best to use vitamin supplements.
People who have higher chances of developing vitamin B12 deficiency include;
- Older adults; about 20 to 30% of adults of about 60 years and above find it difficult to absorb vitamin B12 due to the decline of their bodies and organs function as a result of old age. Another reason for this is because their bodies produce lesser proteins and acid in the stomach that is required for the absorption of vitamins to take place.
- Vegan; people who are on vegetarian and vegan diets are more at risk of having vitamin B deficiency. This is because most animal products are high sources of vitamin B12 and other essential vitamins.
- People suffering from gastrointestinal disorders, celiac disease, and Crohn’s disease are gastrointestinal diseases that are capable of causing vitamin B12 deficiency.
Nevertheless, there is no research that has proven that there is a supplement for vitamin B12.
Hemoglobin is a variety of proteins in the red blood cells that are produced by sufficient amounts of iron. It (hemoglobin) transports oxygen from the lungs to the tissues and organs of the body.
Iron deficiency occurs when the red blood cells cannot carry oxygen effectively to the body organs and tissues. The effect of this is anemia and can make you fatigued and weak. Some of the causes of iron deficiency include;
- Low iron foods intake; the rich sources of iron include seafood and meats. This is why most vegan and vegetarians are more at risk of developing vitamin B12 deficiency. People who eat meat have higher iron levels in their bodies compared to vegans and vegetarians.
- Blood loss; the blood contains over half of the iron in your body. Therefore, in cases of blood loss, either during heavy menstrual flows, surgery, or accidents, the iron level can drop drastically. This is why it is important to replace lost blood in cases of blood loss and take iron-rich foods and supplements to replenish and restore the normal iron level in the body.
- Pregnancy; pregnant women are expected to take more iron as they need twice as much iron as normal people do. This is because there is a need to support the growth and development of the fetus and counter anemia in both the mother and child. When a pregnant woman suffers from iron deficiency, iron supplements can be used to replace iron levels. Also, in order to prevent cases like anemia, weakness, and fatigue, iron supplements can be used.
However, there are health risks associated with iron deficiency as well as excessive iron intake. It is important to consult a medical practitioner before you choose an iron supplement in order to prevent complications, especially if you are pregnant.
Melatonin plays an important role in your sleep routine. It is a natural hormone that is generated and released based on the time of the day. It becomes more pronounced at night and reduced in the night.
Supplementing melatonin can help improve sleep levels, give you quality sleep and reduce fatigue and weakness. Research has also found that melatonin can help reduce insomnia that affects about 35% of adults in the world.
Severe insomnia can leave you constantly weak and fatigued. Some of the features of insomnia include; inability to fall asleep, poor sleep quality, and waking up earlier than normal.
People who suffer from severe fatigue symptoms may need melatonin supplements. Melatonin supplement has also, according to recent studies, shown progress in the improvement of energy and reduction of fatigue.
Based on research, melatonin reduces with age as well as certain health issues like type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, high blood pressure, and cancer. However, research is still ongoing as to whether melatonin can improve the condition of those who suffer from these diseases.
Melatonin supplements have been proven by scientists to be safe to use. What other evidence do you need when you suffer from low energy and poor sleep quality.
Creatine is majorly found in meat. It is a compound that is found in beef, pork, fish, and poultry. It supplies quick energy to the body. When you feel low on energy, try creatine supplements to boost your energy.
This powder is a product of beetroot vegetables and has a high content of nitrate. According to research, beetroot supplements have been discovered to increase your endurance levels, thereby reducing your stress levels and the rate at which you get tired when you engage yourself in physical activities.
In conclusion, a poor lifestyle and poor diet can affect your energy levels. Fortunately, there are a lot of things you can do to replenish and sustain energy. These things are a combination of good lifestyle habits, good diets, and supplements. Supplements can help boost energy levels, increase productivity and physical performance. However, before adopting supplements, it is best to speak with your doctor first to avoid complications and to also know what dosage is best for you.