What Meals Are Easy to Digest?
Food is probably the most important provision for your health; you really don’t want to go days without food. The type of food you eat dictates the tone of your health too, so you should pay attention to what goes into your body. Food with the necessary nutrients, in moderate proportion, will help you stay fit and away from diseases. However, poor nutrition will give rise to the risks of developing health complications such as cardiovascular disease, obesity, constipation, nutrient deficiencies, and other conditions. Eating light and wholesome food is a sure way to better health because such foods are easy to digest.
10 Light Food Recipes
Low Sugar Semolina Dessert
This is a light and healthy dessert without excess sugar. How to prepare?
- Put two tablespoons of ghee into a heated saucepan.
- Pour six tablespoons of semolina into the heated ghee.
- Let the semolina fry while you stir it until it turns brown.
- Add ⅔ cup of milk and continue cooking until the semolina becomes almost transparent.
- Add four tablespoons of brown sugar and half a teaspoon of cardamom powder in the cooking and stir for a minute before transferring your cooked semolina into a serving bowl.
- Top your plate of semolina dessert with six crushed almonds.
The cholesterol-lowering broccoli casserole is another healthy light meal for you.
- Do a mixture of some chopped veggies, dried herbs, two tablespoons of lime juice, three tablespoons of olive oil, half a teaspoon of black pepper and salt.
- Top the mixture with half a cup of crumbled tofu before sliding it into a preheated oven to bake for about 15 minutes.
- Your broccoli casserole is done!
The vegetables you will need for this are a quarter of a cup of green peas and zucchini each, half a cup of carrots, six slices of an eggplant and a full cup of broccoli florets.
Skin-Rejuvenating Breakfast Smoothie
This is most likely the quickest light food you can prepare for yourself at home.
- Get half a cup each of chopped celery, baby spinach, and peach, then blend them all into a smooth juice.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and a little sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt to the smoothie.
- Mix properly and consume it.
Easy Whole Wheat Pasta
A simple meal of whole wheat pasta is also a great option in this category of light meals.
Put a full cup of bow tie pasta in a soup pot containing seven cups of boiling water and allow it to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil.
- Fry a tablespoon of minced garlic in two tablespoons of olive oil until it`s brown.
- Cook a piece of chicken breast in the same pan for five minutes then add half a cup of chopped zucchini and ¼ cup of broccoli florets to boil for four more minutes.
- Strain your previously boiled pasta and pour it in a bowl with your sautéed chicken and veggies.
- Mix the contents of your bowl with two teaspoons of oregano, olive oil, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Top your pasta with four tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese.
Thai Prawn Curry
You will love the Thai prawn curry, as it is both satisfying and easy to digest. To prepare this curry, you will need 50g of French beans, a tablespoon of Thai fish sauce, Thai red curry paste, 200g of medium-sized prawns, 150ml of coconut milk, 200ml of chicken stock, 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, one chopped red pepper, six few basil leaves, and some coriander leaves.
- Add the French beans to a heated frying pan of olive oil and fry for two minutes.
- Put the chopped red pepper into the fried beans about a minute before you add the fish sauce, chicken stock, red curry paste, herbs, and prawns.
- When the cooked beans are soft, pour some coconut milk into the pan with lime juice and cool the whole meal for two more minutes on medium heat.
- There you go! Your Thai prawn curry is done.
Tarragon Chicken Salad
This light meal is a nutritious low-fat salad. You can prepare it with a variety of ingredients.
- Allow a cup of chicken breast cubes, half a teaspoon of black pepper and salt to cook in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Slice about a cup of dried cranberries into a bowl mixed with half a cup of low-fat yogurt, a teaspoon of dried tarragon, half a teaspoon of ground black pepper, a tablespoon of lime juice, half a cup of chopped celery and thin slices of red onions.
- Add the cooked chicken breast cubes into the bowl of salad and your meal is complete.
Healthy Heart Fish Taco
This fish taco is a great recipe for the choice of a light meal. You can get it all prepared in less than half an hour.
- Make a mixture of half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, four tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, some ginger paste, garlic paste, a tablespoon of dried rosemary, salt, and two tablespoons of lime juice.
- Rub two medium-sized mackerels with this mixture. Allow the mackerels to dry up for about ten minutes before grilling them for another ten minutes in a heated oven.
- Stir half a cup of chopped tomatoes with two tablespoons of olive oil, some chopped lettuce, avocado, salt, pepper, two tablespoons of lime juice and low-fat yogurt all in a bowl.
- Pour this avocado salad into two taco shells.
- Remove the bones from the grilled fish and put in the taco shells too, then top it all with lime juice and some pieces of cilantro.
Nourishing and delicious veggie noodles are a good option for light food. You will need half a zucchini, a teaspoon of mustard seeds, garlic paste, and chopped red chili each, one carrot, a medium-sized beetroot, two tablespoons of lime juice and grated coconut, three tablespoons of olive oil, some coriander leaves, and a pinch of salt.
- Cut up the carrot, beetroot, and zucchini in a noodle shape with a vegetable cutter.
- Add the mustard seeds, red chili, and garlic paste into a pan of heated olive oil to fry for 40 seconds.
- Put the veggie noodles with salt into the frying pan to fry for two minutes.
- Leave the pan on a high flame until the water dries up.
- Pour the lime juice and grated coconut to fry for about half a minute before sprinkling coriander leaves to garnish it.
- Your bowl of veggie noodles is ready.
Vegan Beetroot Soup
This beetroot soup is popular for its blood-purifying capabilities and ease of digestion. You will need one large beetroot (chopped), two cups of water, one cup of vegetable stock, two teaspoons of garlic paste, half a cup of chopped broccoli florets and carrot, half a cup of chopped onions, a teaspoon of ginger paste, a spoon of vegan butter, two tablespoons of olive oil, a tablespoon of lime juice, a quarter of a teaspoon of pepper, some coriander leaves and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add the olive oil in a heated pot and fry some garlic until it’s brown.
- Toss the chopped onions and ginger paste into the pot and allow them to cook for a little over a minute.
- Add the chopped beetroot, broccoli florets, and carrot — fry it all while stirring for one minute.
- Pour two cups of water in with pepper and salt, and allow it to boil on a medium flame for 20 minutes.
- Kill the flame, add a dollop of vegan butter, lime juice, and some coriander leaves.
High-Fiber Tofu Rice
Another light meal you should consider is the tofu rice which is rich in fiber.
- Soak a cup of brown rice in water for about half an hour.
- Fry a teaspoon of chopped garlic in a pan of hot olive oil until it turns brown.
- Add half a cup of onions to fry until it becomes translucent.
- Pour half a teaspoon of ginger paste into the pan, then mix ten button mushrooms, a quarter of a cup of sweet corn, a quarter of a cup of green peas, salt and pepper in and stir fry for 20 seconds.
- Put 100g of dubbed tofu, a teaspoon of coriander powder, and half a teaspoon of cumin powder before mixing the soaked rice and a cup of water in the same pot.
- Allow the pot of rice to boil over medium heat until it is dry and soft.