How healthy are you? How healthy would you be if you ate more fruits? Did you know that a number of people fall ill and develop various diseases simply because they don`t eat enough fruits? We will discuss ten fruits you should include in your diet to live healthier. Are you ready for the fruit challenge?
This is a unique fruit. While most fruits boast in high carbs, avocado has got fewer carbs and contains healthy fats. Amongst these fats is the oleic acid which reduces inflammation and keeps the heart vibrant. What`s more? It is loaded with vital nutrients such as fiber, magnesium, and potassium. Did I just mention potassium? This definitely means a lower risk in stroke and high blood pressure.
Other benefits of eating avocado are:
- It`s fantastic for weight loss.
- It protects the eyes.
- It prevents the growth of prostate cancer cells.
- It helps in managing the after effect of chemotherapy.
Apples are highly nutritious fruits. A regular consumption of apples enriches the body with essential contents such as vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and vitamin K. Furthermore, they contribute to the health of the digestive system and metabolic health. This is as a result of the presence of pectin which takes care of the good bacteria in your gut. What else would apple consumption do for you?
• Apples prevent dementia and improve neurological health.
• Apples help combat obesity.
• Apples have also been suggested to fend off breast cancer.
• Apples reduce the risk of diabetes and stroke.
Watermelon has a high storage of water, a whopping 92%. It`s a hydrating fruit that contains a grand antioxidant called lycopene. Lycopene reduces the chances of digestive cancers, high blood pressure, and cholesterol in the heart. In addition to that, vitamins A and C in watermelon helps to improve skin and hair conditions.
Like oranges, grapes are one of the healthiest citrus fruits. They supply highly beneficial vitamins and minerals that enhance weight loss, cholesterol control, insulin resistance, and kidney stones prevention. Grapes are amazing in other ways:
- They prevent protracted diseases.
- Grapes improve memory, attention, and mood.
- They are bursting with calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and vitamin K which are important for healthy bones.
- They decrease sugar levels and protect against diabetes.
- They`ve got nutrients that battle viral and bacterial infections.
- They promote longevity and slow down the aging process.
- They contain plant compounds that prevent certain types of cancers.
Cherries are not only delicious fruits; they also add nutritional value to the body system. They are low in calories and contain a good amount of vitamins and minerals.
Here are some not-so-known benefits of cherries:
- They contain melatonin, ensuring a peaceful sleep and relieving insomnia.
- Cherries boost metabolism.
- Cherries are alkaline in nature, hence they provide a healthy balance to ph levels, thereby keeping the body less acidic.
- Cherries boost energy levels in the body.
- They have a moderate water content that helps eliminate toxins and shed some weight.
- Because of their potassium content, cherries filter out excess sodium from the body, which is good for the heart.
- Some anti-aging chemicals are right there in cherries that can keep the skin looking younger.
Whether it`s raspberry, blueberry, cranberry, blackberry or strawberry, all berries are amazing fruits. For example, blueberries are high in antioxidants, and this is associated with lowering the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and heart diseases. In addition, eating blueberries boosts the immune system in defending the body against illness.
Meanwhile, strawberries, with their high antioxidant properties, help to reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases. This also includes high blood pressure which can be counteracted with the potassium levels in strawberries.
What about blackberries? Yeah, this is another berry option that should be considered. You would be amazed to know that a cup (237ml) of blackberries provides 8 grams of fiber. This enables the body gets to cut down on inflammation and the wearing out of the arteries. This also protects against cancer.
Native to the South American continent, this tasty fruit is named after its likeness to a pine cone. It is a popular fruit that`s bursting with nutrients and enzymes that combat diabetes and other diseases. Pineapple has some health benefits such as digestive discharge and rapid surgery recovery. What’s more? It also gives some relief against symptoms of arthritis which is quite common among adults.
Mangoes are excellent sources of vitamin C and they`ve got an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory property. They pack a host of health benefits too! These are the top 4 advantages of eating mangoes:
- Mangoes exhibit skin-friendly actions that are essential for skin repair and damage.
- Mangoes reduce cholesterol levels that may hinder blood circulation in the body.
- They boost the immunity system.
- Mangoes are rich in beta-carotene which produces vitamin A that helps to deal with eye-related issues.
There is no introduction needed here because oranges are one of the most popular nutritious fruits in the world. Did you know that eating oranges can prevent anemia? What`s more? It offers a commendable amount of vitamin C and potassium which aids in protecting against the loss of muscle mass and preservation of bone mineral density. A study reveals consuming oranges or orange juice in the first 24 months of life is vital in limiting the tendency for children to develop leukemia.
This is one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world. It is grown in at least 107 countries and more consumed when compared with oranges and apples together. Bananas are rich in potassium and fiber that helps to prevent asthma, cancer and high blood pressure.
Bananas are also rich in carbs and mineral contents that fuel the body before exercises; this fruit can be considered as an on-the-spot energy booster. See more facts on bananas:
- Bananas top up vitamins in the body and this makes it perfect way of relieving from hangovers and exhaustion
- A drastic reduction of morning sickness is an advantage of consuming bananas.
- Bananas are considered to drastically reduce stomach ulcers.
- Bananas have got an amino acid that helps to hasten the production of serotonin, a hormone that regulates mood and body relaxation.
- Bananas reduce the pains that accompany menstrual flow.
Amazing Fruit Facts
- The study of fruits is called pomology. So should we have titled this article “Pomology 101” instead? *smiles*
- Strawberries are the only fruit which has seeds on the outside. There are about 200 seeds in an average strawberry.
- Mangoes are one of the most loved fruits in the world.
- Apples stay afloat in water because they are 25 percent air.
- Kiwis are rich in vitamin C: a kiwi has two times the vitamin C present in an orange.
- 7000 different kinds of apples are grown all around the globe.
- Dark green veggies have more vitamin C when compared to light-colored veggies.
- Red-colored fruits keep your heart strong.
- Orange-colored fruits tend to keep your eyes healthy.
- Yellow-colored fruits prevent illnesses.
- Green-colored fruits make bones and teeth stronger.
- Purple and blue fruits help enhance memory.
- Horticulturists believe that banana was the first fruit on earth.
Some of these fruits, you probably have been eating already, and some, you just may need to increase your intake of them, or just begin to eat them. The importance of consuming fruits can`t be exaggerated, really.