Is Sesame Oil Good for Hair?
Enriched with a variety of nutrients and vitamins that are extremely beneficial for the hair, Sesame oil is clearly one of the best natural oils around. It contains healing properties and has been used for treating a number of hair conditions including dryness and hair breakage.
Also known as gingelly oil, sesame oil has an appealing flavor. Little wonder it is used to prepare delicious and healthy flavor-enhanced meals. It also contains proteins that strengthen your hair roots and hair cuticles. Let’s discover more about the health benefits of sesame oil for the hair.
7 Benefits of Sesame Oil for the Hair
Prevents Premature Graying
Going gray before the right time can be extremely worrying. While there are many causes of premature graying, there are fewer solutions for this condition. One of these solutions is sesame oil. Sesame oil contains pigmentation properties that help to darken gray and white hair.
All you need to do is massage the oil into your hair and scalp regularly to retain its natural hue and keep your natural hair young and ageless.
Protects your Hair
Gingelly oil also keeps your hair healthy by protecting it from harmful ultraviolet emissions from the sun. It works as a natural sunblock that forms a protective coat around the hair shaft, keeping it safe from the harmful rays of the sun. It also protects your hair from the damaging effects of pollution. Applying sesame oil on your hair before heading out in the sun protects it from any damage that could arise from prolonged exposure to the sun’s rays.
Healthy Hair Growth
Dealing with stunted hair growth? It may be time to purchase some sesame oil! With its deep penetration formula, sesame oil goes way into your scalp to nourish your hair follicles and cuticles. It also helps to repair any chemical damage the scalp or hair shaft suffers.
Gets Rid of Hair Lice
If hair lice have become a nightmare for you, then you need some sesame oil. Working with other essential oils like olive oil and virgin coconut oil, sesame oil can help you get rid of hair lice forever. This wonder oil contains antibacterial properties that prevent any form of bacterial or fungal infection in your hair. To use sesame oil for life treatment, mix it with any essential oil of your choice, apply the solution on your hair, leave it in for 5-10 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Sesame oil also treats dandruff. Massaging gingelly oil into your scalp regularly works to moisturize the scalp while treating and preventing the spread of dandruff.
Treats Damaged Hair
If you’ve suffered minor to major hair damages, then sesame oil can help you revitalize affected areas and renew your hair cells, cuticles and shaft. With its deeply penetrative properties, sesame oil lubricates your hair and scalp from within.
Prevents Hair Loss
Imagine having to lose large chunks of hair every other day. This can be a nightmare for many people. Often times, persons dealing with hair loss spend lots of money on hair products in an attempt to find a lasting solution. Well, sesame oil can be the solution you seek, as it contains relaxing properties that work to combat stress in any form. Stress is one of the major causes of hair loss. Hence, the less stressed you are, the lesser your chances of experiencing hair loss.
6 Sesame Oil Hair Treatment Formula
Now you know the many ways sesame oil can help your hair. It’s time to find out some of the best sesame oil hair regimens. Here are 6 of them.
Sesame Oil and Almond Oil
Almond oil is one of the best essential oils for hair. It is rich in vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains magnesium and phospholipids. When combined with almond oil, sesame oil revitalizes the hair and deeply moisturizes your hair cuticles.
For this treatment, you will need 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of almond oil, and a hot towel.
- First, pour the sesame oil into a bowl.
- Add the almond oil and mix them thoroughly.
- Next, rub the mixture into your hair, carefully. Be sure that your hair is entirely covered in the mixture.
- Next, wrap a hot towel around your hair for about 40 minutes.
- Finally, rinse out the mixture with warm water.
Do this 3 times every week for the best results.
Sesame Oil and Aloe Vera
For centuries, aloe vera has been used for treating different types of hair conditions. It contains active components that prevent ultraviolet rays from destroying the hair cuticles. With this powerful aloe vera-sesame oil mixture, your hair is sure to get all of the protection it requires.
For this treatment, you will require 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera and a saucepan.
- Heat the aloe vera gel and the sesame oil in the saucepan for a few minutes.
- Allow it to cool, then rub the mixture all over your hair.
- Leave it in for 30-45 minutes, then rinse it out with tepid water and organic shampoo.
Repeat this treatment 3 times every week.
Sesame Oil and Avocado
For this treatment, you will require 1 ripe avocado and 2 tablespoons of gingelly oil. It takes about an hour to prepare this hair regimen.
- First, marsh the avocado totally.
- Add the sesame oil to the avocado.
- Mash and stir the mixture continuously until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to the entire length of your hair.
- Leave it in for about an hour, then wash it off with organic shampoo.
Do this twice every week to get your hair back in shape.
Avocado is rich in oils and vitamins that are deeply nourishing. It also contains antioxidant properties that repair the damage caused by free radicals to your hair.
Sesame Oil and Coconut Oil
This treatment requires only 3 ingredients: 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and a hot towel. When mixed with sesame oil, coconut oil has a deeply penetrative formula that nourishes your hair cells and hair shaft directly. It also helps to prevent dryness and hair shaft.
- First, mix the coconut oil and sesame oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, massage the oil solution into the entire length of your hair using your fingertips. Work the solution into your scalp too.
- Next, wrap your hair with a hot towel, then leave it in for about 40 minutes.
- Wash the mixture off your hair with a mild shampoo.
Do this 3 times every week.
Sesame Oil and Ginger
Ginger is a natural hair conditioner. It softens your hair and gives it a glossy, thicker and fuller appearance. It also helps to maintain your scalp health. The ginger and sesame hair treatment regimen is extremely good for your hair’s health, and you can do it up to 3 times every week.
For this treatment, you will need 1 tablespoon of ginger juice, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and a hot towel.
- Pour the sesame oil and ginger juice into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to the length of your hair, working it in from your hair strands to your scalp.
- Next, wrap the hot towel around your hair and leave it in for about 45 minutes.
- Finally, rinse out the mixture with warm water and shampoo.
Sesame Oil and Honey
As an emollient, honey helps to lock in hair moisture, keeping your hair well-moisturized and hydrated. It`s a natural conditioner for the hair too. For this treatment, you will need 3 tablespoons of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix the honey and sesame oil in a bowl, then apply the mixture to the entire length of your hair, carefully.
- Next, wrap a hot towel around your hair and leave it on for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse out the mixture with a mild shampoo.
Do this once a week as honey contains bleaching components that can lighten the hair.
Now that you Know…
Sesame oil is a natural solution that works wonders for the hair. It is deeply moisturizing and contains active components that improve the hair’s health. In addition, it combines excellently with different essential oils to give your hair the best results. Try it out today and get your hair back to its glory days.