How to Make yourself Throw up
Throwing up can be unpleasant, and nobody desires to experience or witness it, however, it’s sometimes a necessity, particularly when one suffers indigestion, food poisoning, excessive alcohol consumption, or ingestion of non-corrosive substances. Inducing yourself to throw up should be one of your last options, or an emergency one, as it can be unsafe. But if you need to do it, how do you go about it? We’ll explore some healthy ways to throw up in this article.
10 Ways to Throw up Easily
Using your Finger
Wash your hands and push your finger down your throat, precisely to the back of your tongue, to induce yourself to vomit.
This is effective because the contact your finger makes with the back of your tongue causes your body to react creates a gag reflex. This will make you nauseous and prompts you to throw up.
Use a Toothbrush
You probably know this already. You’re simply going to do what you avoid while brushing your tongue. Yes, push that toothbrush down and rub it against the back of your tongue. You will throw up in no time.
This is effective because the toothbrush causes a gag reflex that induces you to throw up.
Think About Vomiting
This sounds too simple to be true, right? Well it is. Simply thinking about vomiting will get your body to throw up.
This is effective because focusing your mind on the sights, smells, and sounds that make you sick actually triggers nausea and induces vomiting.
To use mustard solution to throw up, mix a teaspoon or two of mustard in a glass of water and drink up the solution.
This is effective because mustard possesses natural emetic properties that can make you feel nauseous, hence induce vomiting. Be careful, however, not to make this solution a habit because mustard contains high amounts of sodium that can be unhealthy with regular consumption.
Bloodroot herb is an effective remedy at inducing vomit. Mix some bloodroot powder in a glass of water and consume it to use the solution.
This is effective because it induces nausea. You need to take it easy with this herb because it can be toxic if you consume it in high doses.
Gargle with Egg Whites
Truth be told, even the thought of gargling with egg whites is irritating. If you can think about it much enough, you could puke. But if the thought doesn’t make you puke, then you may go ahead and gargle with it. One thing that makes this method stand out is that it is effective in eliminating toxins in your stomach.
It is effective at helping you vomit because its smell and taste are unpleasant.
Warm Salt Water
Add two teaspoons of salt to a glass of water and drink it up in a single gulp. After 25-30 minutes, you may use the finger method to get yourself to throw up.
This method is effective because salt contains sodium, and excessive consumption of it can affect the natural electrolyte balance in your body, thereby causing you to puke.
Don’t get excited just yet. This isn’t another opportunity to satisfy your sugar craving. If you drink Coca-Cola that has run out of carbon dioxide every hour, you will have a high tendency to throw up. Drinking some water immediately after drinking the Coca-Cola will trigger vomiting faster.
This is effective because when Coca-Cola has run out of gas, it becomes irritating and increases the chances of puking.
Expose yourself to Unpleasant Sights and Smells
Who doesn’t just feel like throwing up when they are exposed to sickening sights and unpleasant smells? And you don’t have to walk around your neighborhood looking for this. You can just go online to find such sights — of course, not the smell.
This is effective because there are neurons in the brain that cause a feeling of sickness as a reflex action to such sights and smells.
This is super easy. Simply mix a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and gulp it down, and watch yourself throw up asap.
This is effective because baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate which is quite nauseating.
What to Do After Throwing up
The feeling after throwing up can be messy and disturbing, so it is important to take certain measures to feel better.
- Have a warm bath.
- Blow your nose to get rid of residues of vomit from your sinuses.
- Gargle with a mouthwash to eliminate the pungent smell.
- Drink some water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Drink cranberry juice to stop the bad breath and the bittersweet taste in your mouth; ginger ale to calm your stomach, and Gatorade to rehydrate yourself.
Side Effects of Throwing up
Unarguably, self-inducing vomit has negative effects, especially if you do it repeatedly. Here are some of the side effects of making yourself throw up.
- Your body may become prone to vomiting, even when you don’t induce it.
- You may be dehydrated and lose electrolytes.
- Your stomach acid may erode your teeth.
- You may have eating disorders.
- You may suffer from acid refluxes and ulcers.
- Using your fingers to trigger gagging can cause sore throat, infections, and tears in the back of your throat.
- You may be at risk of frequent upper respiratory infections if you accidentally inhale vomitus.
- Repeated self-induced vomiting can weaken the muscle at the base of the esophagus and lead to the development of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- You may develop swelling around their cheeks and jawline.
Poison Prevention Tips
Because poisoning is a major reason many opt for vomit-inducing methods — especially for children, here are some tips to help you avoid poisoning at home.
- Never refer to medicine as “candy” or anything appealing. Medicine is what it is.
- Store medicine, paints/varnishes, pesticides, cleaning and laundry products, and pesticides in their original packaging and lock them in cabinets and out of sight and reach of children.
- Using safety latches that automatically lock when you close a cabinet door helps to keep children away from dangerous products. Heck often to be sure it doesn’t malfunction, or children haven’t found a way to open it.
- Always keep medications properly, beyond the reach of children.
- Endeavor to confirm the right dosage for medications before ingesting them.
- Keep the liquid nicotine refills of e-cigarette locked up out of children’s reach and only buy refills that have child-resistant packaging.
- Never put poisonous products in food or drink containers.
- Ensure all remote controls, greeting cards, key fobs, and musical children’s books are intact, as they may contain small button-cell batteries that may cause injury if anyone ingests them.
Now that you Know…
Throwing up is never fun. By all means, try to avoid inducing it, except it’s inevitable, considering the situation — perhaps your body needs to get rid of toxins or allergens. It is also advisable to seek medical advice before choosing a vomit-inducing method. It’s best to go on all fours when you decide to induce yourself to throw up. It is also vital to take deep breaths before vomiting. If you continue feeling sick or uneasy even after inducing yourself, then you should visit your doctor immediately.