What Does Honey Do for Hair?
For a long time, honey has been used as a healthy treatment alternative for a number of conditions. Without any doubt, this natural food is one of the healthiest substances around. Interestingly, honey works for almost every condition. Honey does excellent work when it comes to your hair. According to experts, applying honey on your hair regularly works magically to boost hair growth. Let’s find out more about the many health benefits of honey.
5 Benefits of Honey for your Hair
You already know that honey is rich in a number of properties that make it a great remedy for your hair. Let’s examine five of these properties.
It`s an Emollient
Honey is a natural emollient. This means that it has the ability to lock in hair moisture, keeping your hair well-conditioned and deeply moisturized. As an emollient, it also works to prevent any occurrence of hair breakage which can damage the hair.
Clogging of the hair roots and hair follicles can retain bacterial elements that damage the hair. The hair-cleansing properties of honey clear any clogging from the hair roots and rid your hair of any accumulated bacterial impurities. This helps to prevent hair loss. Honey is a trusted natural hair care that boosts your hair growth greatly and rejuvenates dead hair cells and hair follicles.
Anti-Hair Loss Properties
Honey also contains properties that work to prevent any form of hair loss by strengthening the hair’s follicles and roots.
Rich in Antioxidants
Honey is particularly noted for its antioxidant properties which work to prevent hair and scalp damage. These antioxidants are mainly responsible for maintaining your hair’s healthy appearance.
Bacterial infections like eczema and dandruff cause extreme damage to the hair’s structure. Fortunately, you can prevent this with the use of honey. Honey contains a plethora of antibacterial elements. These antiseptic properties work to rid your hair of any bacterial infections like dandruff and psoriasis that can negatively affect your hair growth.
7 Homemade Honey Remedies for Hair Growth
If you’re looking to improve your hair shine and overall appearance, these homemade remedies are just right for you. They are easy to prepare and trusted to give your hair the sheen that it deserves. Check them out!
Olive Oil and Honey Hair Treatment Formula
This remedy works specifically to improve your hair health. The combination of olive oil and honey acts as a natural conditioner that accelerates hair growth.
This treatment is pretty easy to prepare and takes just 30 minutes to be ready. You will need ½ cup of our honey, ¼ cup of olive oil and ¼ cup of buttermilk.
- First, mix the oil and honey thoroughly to form a thin paste.
- Next, microwave the mixture for about half a minute then allow it to cool.
- Add the buttermilk to the mixture and stir it consistently.
- Apply the mixture all over your hair thoroughly and leave it in for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off with organic shampoo and warm water.
- Repeat the treatment twice every month for the best result.
Banana and Honey Hair Growth Treatment
I particularly like this remedy because it contains essential vitamins and minerals like vitamins C, B6 and potassium. These elements help to strengthen your hair follicles and trigger healthy hair growth.
The banana and honey treatment can be repeated up to four times every month. All you need for this mixture is 2 ripe bananas, ½ cup of honey and ¼ cup of olive oil. You can increase the amount of olive oil to make the mixture smoother and easier to wash off. This treatment is super easy to prepare.
- All you have to do is blend all the ingredients together until they form a thick and consistent mixture.
- Next, apply it all over your hair and scalp then leave it in for about 20 minutes. You can wear a shower cap to prevent the mixture from seeping down your face.
- Finally, rinse it off thoroughly with warm water and shampoo. You can rinse it twice.
Potato, Egg Yolk, and Honey Hair Treatment
Not many people know this, but potato juice is actually one of the best foods you can feed your hair. Add egg yolk and honey to potato juice, and you have a wholesome hair meal that guarantees consistent hair growth and a beautiful hair appearance.
This mixture works like magic. It locks the liquid in your hair, keeping it deeply moisturized. It takes nearly half an hour to prepare this treatment, and you will need 1 potato, 1 egg yolk and a tablespoon of honey.
- First, extract the juice from your potato. Alternatively, you can make use of already processed potato juice extract. Pour your egg yolk and honey into the extract then mix it thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture all over your hair and scalp and leave it in for another 30 minutes. Finally, wash it off with warm water.
- To get the best results, repeat this treatment weekly.
Egg and Honey Treatment
You already know that eggs are one of the great natural treatments for your hair. They are rich in essential proteins that strengthen your hair follicles and supply them with the right nutrients needed for healthy growth. That being said, here’s how to make the egg and honey hair treatment solution.
You’d need 2 medium-sized eggs and a cup of honey. This mixture takes about 20 minutes to whip up.
- First, break the eggs, empty the contents into a bowl and whisk it thoroughly.
- Pour the cup of honey into the egg mixture and stir it until it becomes smooth and well-textured.
- Now, apply the mixture all over your hair; working from your hair roots to the tips. Leave it in for about 20 minutes then rinse it off with warm water.
- You can repeat this treatment 3-4 times monthly.
Organic Honey Mask Treatment
Simply, this treatment is a powerful hair-cleansing solution. It stimulates hair growth by ridding your hair of clogging in the hair follicles and hair roots.
It takes just 5 minutes to make this solution. You will need just 2 ingredients: 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of shampoo.
- Pour the honey and the shampoo into a container, add some water to dilute it, then mix it thoroughly.
- Use the mixture to wash your hair after pouring some water on it.
- Finally, rinse the mixture off using lukewarm water.
- Do this twice every week to achieve the best results.
Aloe Vera and Honey Treatment
Aloe vera offers the most benefits. It contains a number of anti-bacterial elements that prevent bacterial infection in your hair like dandruff and eczema.
This treatment works by strengthening your hair roots and hair follicles and balancing your hair’s pH levels. It takes about half an hour to prepare this solution.
You’d need a tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them thoroughly until they form a smooth and consistent paste.
- Rub the mixture on your hair carefully, then leave it in for another 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water and shampoo.
- Do this every week to keep your hair healthy and attractive.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Treatment
For this treatment, you will need 3 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apple cider vinegar contains a number of organic catalysts and nutrients that lock in moisture in your hair and strengthen your hair follicles. This treatment has a 15-minute preparation time.
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and stir it continuously to firm a smooth mixture.
- Next, apply the mixture to your hair and scalp thoroughly, then leave it in for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with shampoo and warm water.
- Repeat this treatment every week to achieve the best result.
Now that you Know…
Clearly, honey is not just a natural sweetener, it is also a natural treatment that can repair any type of hair damage and make you healthier and more attractive. With its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties, honey can help you get rid of any bacterial impurities that prevent hair growth.
Try out any of these treatment options today to help your hair get back in shape.